RCPL engages our community through forward thinking initiatives and services.
RCPL is a catalyst for inclusion, learning and self-expression, a partner for community organizations, workers and local businesses, and a champion for early literacy efforts.
RCPL Board of Trustees
The Robeson County Public Library is governed by a Board of Trustees. Trustees are appointed by either the Robeson County Commissioners or the Lumberton City Council.
Board of Trustees
- Bruce Huggins, Chair – Lumberton
- Vanna Skipper, Vice President – Lumberton
- Sarah Griffin-Greene, Secretary – Lumberton
- Dr. James Bass – Lumberton
- Erin Hunt – Fairmont
- June Locklear – Pembroke
- Carnetta McDougald – Red Springs
- Melvin Morris – Lumberton
- Cheryl Powell – Orrum
- James W. Taylor, lll – St. Pauls
- Jennifer Whitley – Lumberton
Elected Officials Liaison
- Pauline Campbell, Robeson County Board of Commissioners
- Karen Higley, Lumberton City Council
Board of Trustees Meetings
2022 – 23 Meeting Dates
- July 20, 2022 – Cancelled
- Sept. 21, 2022
- Nov. 16, 2022
- Jan. 18, 2023
- March 15, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- Tentative Budget Hearing – June 28, 2023
Katie Fountain, Library Director
Katie is passionate serving the community through quality library services. Her team is actively working on expanding community outreach, programming, partnerships, and technology. They are also working towards modernizing facilities, library environments, and library collections. She considers early literacy an area of significant professional interest.